I was invited to do a series of prop building workshops with the Year 12 Drama Students at Wesley College last month. Starting off with a brainstorming session we worked out what each student wanted to make. I then sourced the materials and then taught the boys how to create:
- A lifecasting with alginate and plaster
- A Pinkysil silicone mould
- A set of lightweight tools using Worbla
- A hump by creating a pattern and cutting it from foam matts
- A backpack using cardboard tubes, twine and hot glue
- and A flip clock using cardboard, tape, paper and paint
It was a great few days and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!